zondag 27 augustus 2017

I knew you so well





living
 
in the wilderness of your mind
 
I
 
knew so well, where  I've dwelt, so many times
 
so you couldn't hide, what kept you alive
 
I knew you by heart, sometimes a little tough
 
but
 
no more than that
 
 
and
 
I
 
knew you so well
 
your thoughts ringin' a bell, now if not with me
 
maybe with somebodyelse
 
 
they'll get to know you as I did
 
I
 
don't know if I can take it, but there it is
 
I
 
must
 
leave
 
 
guess I've come to know you too well
 
started ringin' too many bells
 
the sound a deafening one
 
I
 
couldn't hear you think at all
 
you closed your mind for me, it made a retreat I couldn't foresee
 
never did I hear you think again
 
when it came to that, I knew I had to go away
 
livin' in the wilderness of your mind
 
I
 
knew the time had come, I'd stop climbin' those mountains inside
 
 
and
 
I
 
knew you so well
 
your thoughts would ring a bell
 
now if not with me, maybe with somebodeelse
 
 
lookin'
 
for you one more time I realised I had lost you
 
your thoughts were somewhereelse
 
'cause I knew you too well
 
 
I
 
couldn't get in,  the bolt was thrown, a key turned
 
memories were burned in the fire of your mind
 
dissapearin' in the light
 
 
and
 
I
 
knew you too  well
 
your thoughts would ring a bell  now if not with me
 
maybe
 
with
 
somebodyelse
 
 
 
(c) JR.
 
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...