donderdag 17 augustus 2017

Cry of a lost hound

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I
can still hear that violin' play
 
it was across the road in the inn's attick is where it stayed
 
had a lonely sound, like the cry of a lost, lost hound
 
it stuck with me a long time
 
actually for more
 
than a while
 
 
 
I
 
travelled along
 
on a road more than long
 
'till at the end of the line I reached my home town
 
with all the pines
 
where  patiently my bride waited for me
 
 
at
 
my wedding night it played for the last
 
time
 
I
 
never heard it again
 
only when my first child came
 
 
its tune now a happy one
 
played at the beginnin' of dawn
 
 
shimmering lights wandered across the fields
 
after that the violin's tune ceased to be,  now an' then I try to whistle it
 
how much I wish, it doesn;t come to me again
 
it must have as I did found a place
 
to
 
live
 
 
(c) JR.  2015
 
 
 
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...