vrijdag 17 november 2017

Comin' in


It's been a long time
catchin' up 'till we drop
in to a sweat we break
we know it'll never stop

it keeps us alive for those times
when again our light comes up
and shines

it's how we live an' live
it's how we give an' give
workin' the train again
for countless weeks an' days
will he come back in the rain

it's a lonely night
rain doesn't seem to lift
there's a train on the run
wonder when he's  comin' in

I just don't know, when he'll show
all I can do is wait
I hear the sound of the gate
I turn over and stay

I hear him turn in
now I'm wide awake
he stirs me with his imagination
leads me in to the early morning

I go down, come up again
back to where he is
inviting me to the same
I don't resist, it's been so long
I know  what I've missed

I get dressed, just for breakfast
sent the kids on their way
starting all over again
making up for all those days
wonder when he'll come agian


(c) JR.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...