donderdag 3 augustus 2017

Heaven




Heaven
 
 
on a lazy Sunday afternoon
 
as I was walking along the river
 
I noticed the sun low in the sky
 
getting near the end of the day
 
 
so peacefully, gracefully dying
 
at that moment I became restful
 
burdens carried on my shoulder
 
seemed to leave me for a while
 
 
I sensed suddenly, nature took a rest
 
it took its time, leisurely came the night
 
and I melted down with the Universe
 
exploring the stars lighting up the sky
 
 
a calm had fallen upon me at midnight
 
I was alone, at peace down by the riverside
 
I realised, this was really the way to live
 
took a deep breath, feeling so right
 
 
 
the water calmly broke on the banks
 
heard the cricket play its song
 
a rowboat was there lying on its side
 
I rolled it over and set out on the river
 
 
I never felt so at ease rowing the boat
 
my worries had dropped in to the river
 
slowly I was getting there, to my litle heaven
 
and when I reached it, I recognised it
 
 
it was early in the morning at dawn
 
I returened  to the bank of the river
 
left the boat in the place where it belonged
 
walked back the path through the village
 
 
I had changed in to another man
 
finally I had found the pace of life
 
I was never to carry burdens again
 
they
 
had vanished at midnight on the river
 
 
(c)  JR.   2013


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...