woensdag 29 november 2017

First Light


the first rays of light
are climbin' over the rooftops
they're hardly seen
but my eye catches them

I think it's time to go
time to call it a day put
my soul to rest and lay
just call it a day

get the night of my chest
give my heart a rest just
call it a day

mornin' comes in to the day
mornin' comes without rain
I'm restless so very restless

can't put down my head
so much goes on in me head
can't lay it to rest

I'm driftin' in to the mornin'
driftin' in to a new day
got to give it my attention
before it slips away

before it slips away must
capture that light capture
it in my heart

let it live on in my body
let it live for a new start
I'm at ease now, lay to rest

where my head's lying
a light is shining, growing
it gives energy to my body

it will need to rise again
eager to challenge a new day
to live through it all the way

capture the light for all times
keep it day by day, 'till
the light grows dimmer
and...
I won't need it again

(c) JR.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...