vrijdag 24 november 2017

Drizzlin' rain


on a rainy day
London an' Paris
are much the same
no use lookin'
for a better place
It's all drizzlin' rain

it is when I found him
at the station,
sittin' on a bench
last train went
waitin' for it to happen

alone in the dark
waitin'for some love
he knew nothin' about
was comin' 'round
puttin' on a show
makin' believe
he was a pro

he was afraid
to blow the game
I led him on
in his believe
he was makin' it all
with me

I taught him
what love was
when he left
he was spent
still it happened

he kept comin'
to that bench
now ev'ry night
he's comin'
takin' it all
takin' it in

learning fast
like a fish's first swim
he drained
all I know
in the rain

drizzlin' rain
in the surf of my life
got a man
took him down
in the rain

(c) JR.  eightees

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...