vrijdag 1 september 2017

So you're back

 
 
 
 
so
 
you're back, from bein' away
 
been so long,
 
I
 
saw you walking, down the street
 
where we met, lived an' left
 
you an' me
 
we were there a lot we shared, with so much to care
 
 
it
 
wasn't enough, I was dazed, I was amazed
 
when you went away
 
so
 
how have you bin
 
did you find what you were lookin' for
 
did
 
you learn anything
 
 
you've met the world, it knows your name
 
but
 
you're not happy, it was all a mistake
 
it's
 
diferent now, you're back
 
'cause you couldn't  forget my name
 
when
 
you took that last train
 
 
I
 
know it's been a long time
 
somethin' might still remain, might still have survived
 
maybe
 
it's
 
worth another try
 
we've come a long way, we both need shelter, we both need each other
 
we both need a place, to get out of the rain
 
that's
 
been pourin' now and again
 
since you took that last train
 
 
you're back,
 
so
 
come to my house, drink a glass of wine
 
about lost times
 
and
 
I'll
 
pour an' pour some more wine
 
'cause I have a feelin' you've come back
 
to
 
stay a bit longer
 
this
 
time
 
 
 (c) JR. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...