maandag 4 september 2017

River Deep Mountain High English version



 
 
bein',
 
barely twenty I was cast down at the edge of my own abyss,
 
 hangin'
 
on,
 
just
 
 
runnin' its gauntlet ev'ryday, swimmin' in the dreg
 
of
 
its
 
ebb
 
 
smothered by the waves of its tide
 
 
 
kickin'  an' growlin'at the immobillity
 
that's
 
stoppin'
 
you
 
is
 
there still one thing drivin' you on
 
the
 
drive
 
of 
 
 'survival'
 
your conquest over mind an' time, the faillure of a hammered
 
body
 
guarantees, are none or just lost in time
 
one
 
word
 
keeps
 
comin' to mind
 
 
"Survival '
 
somethin' I never heard of or did
 
I
 
but
 
it's all you have, nothin' more, nothin' less, with time pressin' on
 
and
 
where

recovery is a withered leaf hangin' in the wind
 
with
 
that thought in mind, its creation is yours to have
 
 
the
 
future
 
a
 
vision in time, a next day its only purpose
 
and
 
your
 
'Survival '
 
always,  a case of dyin'  cryin' out for you ev'ryday
 
your
 
next
 
day
 
a
 
God sent gift never tried
 
days
 
years
 
decades
 
cling  like a cloak all the way
 
a
 
ghost of the past, livin' your yesterday
 
but
 
it's
 
all you have an' ever got
 
 
I
 
hear
 
a
 
tune
 
driftin' in on the wind
 
it's
 
River deep mountain high
 
thinkin',  is this for real, is this meant for me
 
my
 
life
 
a
 
 collection of notes in a once time hit
 
I
 
must have known what I did, without ever knowin' what I did
 
 
it
 
was my salvation
 
what did I miss a lot, yet now not of the importance
 
I
 
got
 
a
 
 second chance, where time is of the essence, bein' it all I've left
 
 
 
so
 
I
 
outlive my days one at a time, enjoy, 'till time overtakes me once again
 
and
 
grants
 
me
 
my
 
peace of mind
 
 
(c) JR.  2017
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...