dinsdag 12 september 2017

Looks like yesterday



clouds are breakin', sun's touchin' my face
 
standin' in the window, I hear it tearin''  at the frame
 
it's
 
wantin' to see inside
 
where emptiness is awake, 'cause you went when I slept
 
leaving me with a note, a reminder I failed
 
and
 
nothin'
 
remained
 
 
just one of those things, happens ev'rytime
 
startin' out to win, we ran out of time
 
and
 
time
 
creates and seperates as it has now
 
 
 
he'd been waitin' such a long time, you felt you owed him
 
your life
 
 
 
lookin' back it seems only yesterday
 
we
 
promised faith
 
yes
 
it
 
looks like yesterday
 
so
 
now I want to feel good, throw a switch
 
hear old music, but it doesn't give me that old feelin'
 
again
 
somehow it sounds different
 
if
 
it
 
doesn't want to be played, I'm searchin' for reasons
 
as
 
always I find a lot, none of them so serious
 
they coudn't be solved, looks like yesterday she made me believe
 
she'd never leave
 
 
she
 
up an' went when I slept, leavin' me a note
 
with
 
a
 
lot of reasons I never knew we had
 
 
looks like yesterday, she lay next to me
 
lyin' back in to arms, takin' a rest, still she went when I slept
 
destroying my confidence
 
in
 
whatever came next
 
 
(c) JR.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...