woensdag 25 oktober 2017

live an' tell



all I wanted
were precious things to put in my house
but they were beyond my means
beyond my dreams, beyond my reach
beyond the style I wanted live

now older, more mature
I now can buy, it is in my reach
now I find they're not the things I need
through time I was given things
worth more than style, house,
way of  life

can now enjoy  a good wine
enjoy a good conversation
enjoy a good nature
enjoy well meant compliments
enjoy an evening well spent
enjoy the company
of a well spoken woman

live with her a good life
even if it means living out of style
as long as the rent is paid
as long as there's food to take
as long as there's enough cake
even if it's the crumbs I ate

I don't feel out of place
I feel I still did well
to live an' tell


(c) JR.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...