zaterdag 28 oktober 2017

science fiction a short story: Lovers crossing



Summer it was, I sat down in the park drowning in its quiet beauty, streaks of light passing through the trees, hitting water, creating sparks, casting a spell. It was in there, I discovered a vague shape,
I walked over to examine it closer, realized it was not of this world, a beauty, willingly
a soul would chain it self to.

Only visible to me, as nobody seemed to notice her, there at the waterside. That meant another world next to mine. The lines of time now running parallel. Having waited for me so long, she begged me to cross, eternal youth offered as well.

What a temptation, so close, but couldn't touch, she urged me, for soon the opening would close. As there was nothing to keep me, I crossed, sheer joy was my reward, I held her close. The woman I had looked for, was on the other side. She said she had known and wanted me for ages but the lines wouldn't aline precise.

There had been more occaisions but I wasn't near then. Others crossed as well. I couldn't get over the happiness in her, her delicate face was beaming with joy, her dark brown eyes sparkling. I still could see the beach where I came from, but it grew dimmer and dimmer., it was gone.

I was a young man again not to age. We turned went to her home, met relatives, crossovers too started a family. We live agood life in peace, ideal, whenever I get the urge to see what it was like, we go to the barrier.

When the light has grown strong again, the lines aline  we watch where I came from, to turn away satisfied


(c) JR. Eightees

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...