dinsdag 12 december 2017

Take this world


a bird with a broken beak
couldn't feed himself
life expired in the heat

I watched an' saw him die
there was nothing I could do
and I thought at the time

this is not gonna be  my style
if I die I die with pride
standin' in my leather boots

goin' back to my roots
but first I'm gonna be free
like he was before he broke
his tiny beak on that big big tree

it's not gonna happen to me
I'm gonna take this world
shake it by its dirty  roots

tell it what the mornin's like 
and the night's gonna be
I'm gonna fly an' be free

gonna show the world my face
bring it to the big screen so
they'll never forget my name

high on the wing I'll be
fly with the eye of an eagle
settle only for the highest fees

dance way up in the sky
I'm on the rise getting there
just one more ride to the sky

'cause for all the power I'm free
I'm not gonna expire in the heat
I'm gonna take this world

shake it by its dirty roots
tell it what the mornin's like
an' the night's gonna be

I'm gonna fly and be... free


(c) JR.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...