zaterdag 2 december 2017

Night in the city



citylights they watch me
they give me fright
when I wander along
the banks of the river
they make me shiver
by their cold stare
that's all but there

follows me ev'ry where
whereever I go never
seem to leave me alone
alone in the streets that
give me their quietness
that give me their peace

I can hear them breath
I can hear them call for me
to walk in them
just for pleasure, just to please

I'm a city freak
I wander the streets
the streets show me
what I wanna see
I'm so very pleased
the streets call me
yes...
they really love me

what ever I see
they kept for me
all the murders
all the rapes
I see them happen
in a front row seat
again an' again

that's why I wander
wander at nightfall
'cause the Streets
are pleased to see me
wander them at their
darkside
wander them where
there are no city lights


(c) JR.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...