zondag 15 oktober 2017

another try

 
 
 
 
so
 
you're back from being away
 
been so long I saw you walking down the street
 
where we met lived and left you an' me
 
we we're there  a lot we shared
 
it
 
wasn't  enough I was amazed when you went away
 
so how have you bin did you find what you were looking for
 
did you learn anything, you've met the world. it knows your name
 
but you're not happy it was all a mistake
 
it's different now, you're back'
 
cause you couldn't forget my name, when you took that last train
 
I know it's been a long time something migh still remain
 
might have survived, maybe it's worth another try
 
 
we've come a long way, we both need shelter,
 
we both need a place to get out of the rain
 
that's been pourin' now and again,
 
since you took that last train
 
 
you're back,
 
so come to my house
 
drink a glass of wine over lost times
 
and I'll pour an' pour some more wine
 
'cause I have a feeling, you've come back
 
to stay a bit longer
 
this
 
time
 
(c) JR.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

2018

  Well, na diepe intelligente conversaties omlijst met sfeervolle muziek besloot ik na diep overdenken   vannacht alsnog om 24.00...